Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This Isn't a Fairy Tale


This Isn’t A Fairy Tale

This isn't a fairy tale,
And I'm no Cinderella.
I'm living in the real world,
All I need is a down-to-earth fella.

I don't need a Prince Charming
To come and sweep me off my feet.
I just need a real man,
Someone who is smart, gentle, and sweet.

You don't have to serenade me
Or shower me with gifts.
You just need to show you love me,
And my spirit you need to lift.

I can do without the pickup lines,
And being yourself couldn't hurt.
I don't care about your money
Or the designer on your shirt.

Please just do me a favor
And leave the act at home.
I just need you to be truthful
Or you're going home alone.

All I need is a great guy
Who isn't scared to show he's sweet.
It doesn't take much to make me happy.
A picnic in the park would be a treat.

I won't settle for a cheater,
And a liar just won't do.
The only type of guy who is going to get me,
Is honest, loyal, and true.

But remember, this isn't a fairy tale,
And I am no Cinderella.
I'm living in the real world
I just need a real world type of fella.

Elizabeth Seibel – January 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment