Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Amazingly Not In Love


Amazingly Not In Love
You're right.
I don't know what love is,
But I do know what I feel:
An all-encompassing like!
Thoughts of him fill my days.
I can't concentrate.
Wanting to kiss him.
Just once!
To feel that connection.
To be close to him.
I long to talk to him.
On the phone.
To hear his sweet voice.
Telling me he wants to see me.
Or on Instant Messenger.
Just to see how his day went.
Hoping he'll tell me
He's thinking of me.
When I'm with him
I never want to leave.
10PM - It's still early.
11PM - I don't want to go.
12AM - I need to go.
1AM - as I leave
I turn back and look at him.
"Man I hope I get to see him tomorrow."
Not seeing him…
Is like torture!
Not getting to see those beautiful eyes,
That wonderful smile,
Not hearing him laugh…
That great laugh!
It doesn't seem right
Not being with him!
So you're right,
I don't know what love is.
I'm not in love!
But I do know what I feel…
And it's just as amazing!

Elizabeth Seibel – December 4, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment