Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peace Eternal


Peace Eternal
The softness of a whisper
Speaks to my soul
Words that touch my heart.

The comfort of the embrace
From the One who loves
A feeling that makes the tears fall.

The bread of life
Given by the One who sustains
Fills my body and nourishes my soul.

The understanding words
Of the Lamb who knows
A fortress of compassion.

The complete acceptance
From the Radical One
Who came so that we may live as one family.

The strength of the arms
That lift me up when I’m in need
And that carry the cross that should not have been.

The love of a Father and Savior
A love I still don’t understand
Fills my mouth with words of worship.

The life taken and light given
For a world lost and searching
A death that brings life.

The eternal promise
Written on a cross
And living inside us.

Elizabeth Seibel – September 5, 2009

Note: This poem was written by me but inspired by God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment