Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finally (Forever)


Finally (Forever)
I've waited for so long for my time to finally come.
Sure there have been other guys
But they didn't love me like you do,
You were the only one that really did try.

You were sweet and funny,
Respectful and kind,
You looked past what you saw
And always asked what was on my mind.

Sure the other guys were nice,
But out of all of them, you were the best.
All the others were just putting on an act.
You were different than all the rest.

You saw past the wall I put up.
You saw deep into my soul.
And now that I've found you,
I am no longer empty; I am no longer cold.

You are the one I've been waiting for
And I know you feel the same about me.
I always knew that I'd find you.
All I had to do was wait and see.

You love me like no other.
And when I look into your eyes,
I see the beautiful woman you see in me,
Something I hadn't seen with all the other guys.

Now my search is finally over,
And I need to look no more.
Because you and only you
Are what I've been searching for.

Elizabeth Seibel – December 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment