Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lesson Learned (The Hard Way)


Lesson Learned (The Hard Way)
I can't believe I fell for you,
I knew you'd make me cry.
You played with and broke my heart.
Everything you told me was a lie.
You said you didn't like her,
And that you still liked me.
I should have seen right through you,
But I was too blind to see.
Deep down in my heart, I knew,
That I was going to be hurt.
And towards the very end
You treated me like dirt.
You started to ignore me,
And never look my way.
And when I tried to talk to you,
You had nothing left to say.
When you told me it was over,
We were going to be friends
I was sure.
And that nothing would come between that,
But, of course, it would be her.
The two of you started going out
And only a couple of days after that,
She decided to turn you against me.
She succeeded with the things she spat.
She told you that I was jealous,
That I was talking bad about her.
When, in truth, I really wasn't.
It was just her way of making sure,
That I stayed away from her boyfriend,
And that he stayed away from me.
I'm sorry to say that her trick actually worked.
You won't even say 'hi' to me.
I'm sorry that we lost our friendship
And I wish there was something I could do.
Something that would let you see
That I really do miss you.
Listen to your heart!
That is the lesson that I learned.
And if only I had listened to my heart,
Losing you wouldn't have been what I earned.

Elizabeth Seibel – January 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment