Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Darkness


Darkness
I need you.
I need you more than anything.
I need you to doubt yourself.
I need you to question everything.
I need you to be unsure.
I need you to lose focus of all that you have.
I creep into your thoughts when you are alone.
I get in your head when no one’s around.
When you are on top, I bring you down.
When you try to leave, I bring you back in.
Without you, I mean nothing.
Without you, I have nothing.
You think I’m powerful.
You think that I’m never scared.
I like that.
If you knew that you give me power
and that I’m scared of you -
this relationship wouldn’t work.
Don’t say those prayers, God knows how you feel.
You don’t have to go to church, God knows that you believe in Him.
You don’t have to confess those sins, He knows what you did.
You don’t have to talk to Him, just keep it in.
I’ll keep you company.
I’m right here.

Elizabeth Seibel – October 8, 2011

*This poem was written to show how desperate the devil is for our attention and how sneaky he is to get into our heads. Don't give in to him. Give in to God.*

No comments:

Post a Comment