Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Don’t Need A Boyfriend


I Don’t Need A Boyfriend

I don't need a guy to make me feel special,
I know I'm special on my own.
I know that someday his love will grow cold
And that I will have a broken heart, unable to be sewn.

I can't handle all the pain that is in store for me.
Of course there will be happiness,
But I know a break up is destined to come,
And I'm not ready to handle that mess.

I don't need to be someone's girlfriend,
I can't hide in a guy's shadow like that.
I can be myself, I have my own identity.
And I know, with me, there are no strings attached.

Being single makes me feel strong,
Because it's my choice to be alone.
No guy telling me what to do, who to be, where to go.
This is a time for my personality to be shown.

All I have to do is look out for myself right now.
No guy holding me back from what I can be.
There are guys out there who know how to treat a girl right,
And I know one of them is right for me.

But it's hard to find the good guys
And right now, I'm having too much fun to try.
I know myself worth and what I deserve.
And I won't settle for a guy who will deny.

For now, I'm cool with myself.
All I need is me and it's okay to be alone.
Like I said before, I don't need a boyfriend
All I need is myself to make the goodness in me shown.

Elizabeth Seibel – January 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment